The Following are some of the responsibilities of the Directorate.
- Support of Information, Communication and technology needs of the County Assembly.
- Provision of Library services
- Management of information resources
- Overall leadership of the Information and Research Services in the County Assembly
- Prepare reports on budgetary projections, economic forecasts and work plans for the department.
Gideon Mukiri Muchiri was appointed as the Director of information and corporate communication services on 3rd March 2014. Before his appointment he was the County ICT Manager in Makueni County serving under the Transitional Authority (TA).
He has a wide practical experience in ICT field in technical and administrative areas spanning over 10years acquired in both private and public sectors. He has previously served as Computer Programmer in the defunct Nyandarua County Council and with Public Service Commission as a System Analyst deployed in the same County Council.
He is a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems graduate with a speciality in Software Engineering and Computer Networks. Gideon has a Masters Degree in Business Administration (Strategic Management Option) of Laikipia University.
He is a Member of the Computer Society of Kenya (CSK) and an Associate Member of the Kenya Institute of Management (KIM).